Tuesday 26 April 2011

I am an old person.

You know who suck? Kids these days.

I mean, seriously.
Did you know that Bananas in Pajamas, arguably the greatest show with men dressed up as bananas that is directed at children to have ever been created, is now in CGI?

I was thinking about it, and I really cannot think of any rational reason for this to have become the case. It's not like they were expending a lot of money on the set because, let's be honest, it didn't really change much at all ever.
And the ... well, I guess we can call them actors? The 'actors' (The Costumed Ones) would cost just as much to pay as the computers nerdy people (CGI yodels by which I mean men, by which I mean most likey men but also possibly women) and you'd need more people because you'd also need the voice actors AND the computer nerds.

Also, where's the fun in CGI bananas and pajamas? You don't get the amazing feeling of this whole pajama-ed banana world where anything is possible.

You know what did annoy me about that show though? How rarely the Bananas chased the Teddies. I mean, it was Tuesday a WHOLE LOT more than the number of times they showed an episode where the Teddies were being chased. Serious letdown.

But I have noticed that overall, kids TV shows from when I was younger are a lot better. TV shows these days seem to baby kids too much. And they're all terrible. I know that I had some TV shows that were so good, my mum would like watching them. But maybe that says more about my mum than it does about the TV shows ...

I think it can be summed up by something Eddplant said:
When I was 11, movies for 11 year olds were about 11 year olds. Now, they're about 17 year olds.

Too true, too true.

Yesterday's:
Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh
'Pokemon, What Happened To You?' What Happened to You by Alex Day and Tom Milsom

No comments:

Post a Comment