Wednesday 20 April 2011

An apology and a brief, but hopefully amusing anecdote

So the awkward combination of power failure, ridiculously long working hours, and staying at my beautiful friend's house have resulted in me failing. At life, but more specifically, at Blog Every Day in April. What a loserface.
I can only say that I am sorry, and trust me, I'm more disappointed than you. Though that might be because I'm the only one that actually cares about this, and you all just read it to find out embarrassing things about me. Don't worry. I know that's why you're here. But since the topic of me playing Quidditch has come up literally every day at work since people there found out *, I have learned to live with embarrassment. But despite whatever reasons you might be here, I am back, and with the more sincere of apologies.
Here you go 
*hands you apology*
APPRECIATE IT.


------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here follows what I like to think of as an amusing, if slightly awkward anecdote. If you're related to me, expect this to be especially awkward.

So I was down in Melbourne a couple of months ago (Melbourne is awesome and anyone who hasn't been there is SILLY :-P) and I was chilling with my good friend Courtney. We had a bit of a night out, went to Crown, did Crown-y things. Got lost. Watched this Asian guy put a towel over his baby's face. Y'know. The usual.
Anyway, we were on the train back to Courtney's car, and on the train they have a short newspaper-y sort of thing that you can read in case you don't want to listen to the drunken slurs of the 25-but-acting-like-we're-just-18 year old guys behind you.
Included in this are normal cheap newspapery things, like funny articles, jokes and most importantly in this story, horoscopes.
Now, I'm not one to pay attention to horoscopes, but I always find them an amusing read (it's amazing that their generalised statements can sometimes actually apply to my real life! It must be true!), and while all the other horoscopes were relatively normal something-will-happen-in-your-life-today (it's Hyphen-City, here today!), the following is the sum total of my horoscope:



Taurus:
Sensuality is highlighted, as the Moon and Venus make beautiful music together in your lust zone.



Yup. I don't feel I need to add any more. Just sit back and appreciate that slice of fortune-telling brilliance.



Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio:
Big Jet Plane by Angus and Julia Stone

Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio:
The Heretic's Song by Tom Milsom

Day 19 – A song from your favorite album:
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't by Brand New (off Deja Entendu)



*I was actually out in Bar 32 in Civic on Saturday night, and while my friends all ditched me to go to the bathroom, I went and stood (I'd say danced but that would require me to be able to dance, and dancing is not a skill I have, unless you mean dancing poorly) with a girl from work who we just happened to bump into. I'll add at this point that I've talked to this girl (lady? woman? lass?) a grand total of about 4 times, all of them related to work, and then she proceeded to introduce me to the people she was with a "This is Adrienne. She plays Quidditch." 
In a club. On a Saturday.
Yeah, one of my proudest moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment