Monday 4 October 2010

Supernote 2010

Supernote 2010. If you don't know what it is, uh, find out. My internet is going too slow for me to get the links for you now. :)
Anyway, it's basically a Youtube competition to find out who can hold the longest musical note, abiding my certain rules and regulations. It's an idea that's been formed by Rhett and Link, and while this isn't the first year it's happened, this is the first year I've properly known about it.
So you sing your note for one of a selection of teams, and while your note might get you no-where near winning, there are also prizes that go to the team with the longest collective time, so I was trying to recruit my brother to do one, to help my team.

This is our conversation:
Me: Hey, can you go in this thing called Supernote?
Him: Uh, what is it?
Me: You pretty much just have to make a video of you holding a note for as long as you can and submit it to a team.
Him: That's stupid. No.
[a few hours later, and I was practising during lunch]
Me: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My mum: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Him: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Me: It's harder than I thought! I watched one guy, Tom Milsom's video, and he held it for like, a minute and 20 seconds! Maybe I'l practise standing up, that helps.
Him: OH! Is that what you meant? Holding notes, like musically. I thought you meant [sentence dissolves into uncontrollable laughter, from which I gather that he honestly thought that Supernote 2010 was competition to see who could hold a piece of paper up for the longest].
MLIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment