Wednesday 24 November 2010

Ho Hum. A weeeeeeeeeeeeeny update.

I think you should be the first (third) to know.
I am not completing NaNoWriMo.
I KNOW! I was doing so well! I got to 13,000 words, no sweat, was enjoying my story and the very act of writing a story, and then BAM!
BAM! = exams.
Yes, I had my final exams. I know it was foolish of me to pursue this task of novel writing in the month I had exams, but I didn't actually plan on the exams affecting me as much as they did.
I needed to study, which took out about 5 days of NaNo writing.
I needed to DO exams, which took out 3 days.
And then after, I needed to lie around doing NOTHING for a while to unwind, which took 2 days.
Then I needed to recover, physically and emotionally from Harry Potter 7.1, which took longer than it should have.
Seriously, after seeing Harry Potter, I just wanted to change my novel and make it have wizards.
CRAP, I should have changed my novel and made it have wizards!
It may have made way less sense than the current (note: failed) one, but it would have been 100 more awesomes than it is now (note: possibly also not failed).
AHHH. Stupid logic getting in the way of awesome.

Call me the rot meister. No, I'm the Doctor, don't call me the rot meister.

And I probably won't be able to do NaNo next year, because I'll ideally be travelling like a loon around Europe (after I go to Leaky and Vidcon!!). But maybe the year after? When I'm in my first year of uni?
WHATEVER. I will succeed in winning.
I hate losing.

So that is also partly the reason I haven't been posting entires in this as much as normal, because I felt bad about writing ANYTHING, even a simple blog entry, when I should have been writing my novel. Hell, I even put off doing a job application because that counted as writing and made me feel bad (also, I procrastinate a lot), but now I have conceeded defeat, and can humbly return to you, my precious Oddlings.

I have also decided that because I think I am going steadily mad with thoughts and ideas, I'm ACTUALLY going to start posting things on my personal YouTube channel. I'll link you to it when I'm less ashamed of the content.
It may also be because I want to have something on there so that when I start making friends with lesser known YouTubers (see: Simon, and other such wonders), they can see I actually make content.

But I think tomorrow I will be posting The Week Later: A Review, which despite seeming to be a review of something called The Week Later, is actually a verbal review of Harry Potter 7.1, done with my opinions a week later.

Hogwarts has really gone to the dogs.

I also have some good blog ideas, so I might be posting again tomorrow! Because I know you're deeply concerned. And miss me terribly when I am away. And secretly wish I was your best friend. And think about how wonderful it would be to be me.
Well, Odd little chums.
You should be, I know you do, I am, and it is.

NaNoWriMo has taught me the humilty of failure.
I AM A FAILURE. At being a one-month novelist.
But you know what I'm not a failure at? Finishing school. HECK YEAH BITCHEZZZ.
... I apologise for that unnecessary outburst.

Hugs and butterfly kisses,
Draco.

No comments:

Post a Comment