Monday 8 November 2010

Architecture face

There are many things about me. If someone were to make a list of things about Adrienne, it, like anyone else's, would be extensive. There are things I hate about myself. There are things I wish were different about myself. There are things I love about myself. There are things that are OK.
But here is a list of things that I am happy with about me, things that make me who I am, things I am not ashamed of, things that make up the part of myself of which I'm proud.
I don't know how to explain it, further than it's a list of things about myself that make me a bit happy, and that I'm comfortable with.

I have a dinosaur lunch box, and while people say it's cool, it's OK guys. I know it's not. But it's my favourite lunch box ever, and it keeps my food deliciously fresh. Unlike the dinosaurs ...

I am a perpetual jeans-and-a-t-shirt girl. I don't accessorise overly, I am not up with or into new fashions, I will never wear one of those stupid baggy shirts where you can see half your chest underneath. Excluding the occasional forays into indie kid clothing, which I also love, my jeans make me feel comfortable, and I own some of the best t-shirts in the world. Favourites include: the Nerdfighter tee, the I<3NY tee, the Fluid tee, the yet-to-be-purchased Cloning Charlie and Doctor Who tees, the Monster Threads tees, the Save a Broom tee, and more.

I am a massive geek. Don't let the aforementioned fashion-savvy-ness (LOL) fool you. I adore Harry Potter (see previous post, anyone?), Doctor Who is possibly my favourite show, I actually own a Gryffindor scarf and tie and made my own cloak, I flippin' love YouTube (represent!), I want to watch Star Trek, Buffy, and a bajillion other things, I do well in school, I have a relatively complex understanding of grammar and will correct you [please note: this does not mean you can pick on all my grammar. i rarely proofread these. also, lack of capitalisation is generally intentional], I have an extensive vocabulary, I used to ask for extra homework when I was younger, and I FREAKING LOVE LEARNING. Seriously. Learning = win.

I have hugely diverse musical tastes. From Underoath and Parkway Drive to Architecture in Helsinki and The Panda Band to Brand New to Alex Day to The Cure and then on to something else. I love that everyone who looks through my iPod finds something to listen to, and I love that I like it all.

Get me a small man's wetsuit, please!

I still cuddle a teddy, named Teddy, every single night. And I get really upset if I don't have him. Or her. His/her gender changes regularly.

I would rather go for elegant than slutty. In fact, I would rather go for most things than slutty.

I'm opinionated. YEAH. I don't know how else to add to this. I'm pretty vocal, though not overly aggressive, in most of my opinions. Especially if you're wrong. JOKES.

I have got to the point where, for the most part, I don't really care what people think. It took me a long time to get here, and parts were pretty tough, and if you say something nasty, it will still hurt, but I don't really care if you think I'm a loser or if you think I'm a nerd. Do you know why? Because I am, and I like it.

I am about to share something super secret with you. I'm on YouTube. That's right. I am part of a collaboration video blog (collab vlog) where, for each day of the week, one of the total seven girls posts a video, completing a challenge, answering a question, doing a punishment, or just chatting. I'm Friday, and because I love you linkieslinklink Don't feel obliged to go. Just thought I'd share it with you, because I'm having the best fun getting to know these wonderful girls from all over the world through this. :D

I HAVE ED HARDY SHOES AND THEY ARE GOOD.

I like quirky things. My Audrey Hepburn print, my mannequin hand, my wall pacman, my handmade mountains (Alyceman <3). Buy me something weird, I will love you for ever.

This was inspired by one girl's sadness, and that one girl's smile. There's only one of those two things that I like to see, and when you smile, it makes me smile. Don't forget. 11.11, make a wish. [I made a wish for you.] I want you to find some of these things about you. The things that make you happy to be you. Because I know I sure love you. :)

I am now going to go to bed (without having NaNoed in two days, and without having done my assignment what was due a week ago) and cuddle Teddy and think about Harry Potter and how much I would like a TARDIS and listen to Alex Day building a chocolate cake with tiers up to the moon.

Fin.
Like a dolphin.
Phin.

No comments:

Post a Comment