Wednesday 8 June 2022

CRUSHING

I'm throwing around ideas in my head about writing Something More Substantial. Here's practice for the two characters texting to get to know each other. The conceit is that Ruby (l/case) receives a text out of the blue, totally wrong number, but they start texting and crushing. 

-

about: CRUSHING 

Well, if you're not going to tell me your name, what should I call you?

im sorry but ive lived in this city long enough to know there are MURDERERS and also cyber people who could steal my whole identity with just my phone number and my name. you can call me whatever you like.

I think a cyber person would be able to find your name - and a lot more - just from your phone number. The fact that I'm asking is surely evidence that I'm not a cyber person trying to steal your identity. I can offer no defence for the murderer part, however.

not true because if the cyber person looked it up, theyd find my grandmothers name, not mine.

Why would they find your grandmother's name?

because this phone number is hers

was hers

i inherited it

Oh, I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

its okay, it was a while ago but there you go, built in protection from cyber people

Not to be insensitive, but how does one inherit a phone number?

someone dies and you dont tell the phone company and keep using their sim card in your own phone. its very simple really

That ... makes a strange amount of sense, Six.

six???

For lack of any other moniker, I've decided to call you Six. It feels right; my mis-recorded number that led us here.

ill allow it even though i cant believe im texting someone who uses semi colons in said texts

(Ruby was smiling and blushing at her screen, hoping no one around her noticed the internationally accepted flashing indicator of I Have A Huge Crush On The Person Texting Me Right Now!)

what shall i call you

Oh no, I did the heavy lifting coming up with a name for you. You have to return the favour.

ugh fine ill work on it and let you know

you cant force inspiration with these things

how do you feel about murderer

I mean, not great, to be perfectly honest with you.

okay :( ill keep at it i guess

-

No comments:

Post a Comment